- 1 ounce gin -- The Botanist or equally heavily botanical London dry gin
- 1 ounce Leopold Bros. Apertivo
- 1 ounce vermouth -- Maurin Red
- 2 drops of orange bitters -- Cocktailpunk
- Club soda
- Garnish -- Orange peel, apple slice, or really any fruit of your choosing
In a lowball glass, add gin, apertivo, vermouth, and bitters. Add large cracked ice just below the top of the glass. Stir for approximately 30 seconds or 60 rotations. Top off with club soda. Serve garnish either directly on top of glass or fitted to glass.
While I do use specific ingredients in this recipe, please use it as a general guide for creating your own perfect Negroni. I've followed several recipes myself and realized none fit my own palette.